BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Its Thurs 1:30pm and...

I'm learning how to LET GOD BE GOD! Adoption is such a roller coaster of emotions. Typically I handle travel fairly well. I've had my handful of international travel experiences. I've been all over Europe in my early twenties...even by myself at times (and I shouldn't have been!) I had an absolute wonderful time in each country. I have been to Kenya Africa...I wish I can say that was an all around wonderful experience, but for me it wasn't. I was sick the majority of the time w/ E. Coli. Although I am grateful for the experiences I had and the wonderful people I keep in touch w/ today. I've been to Guatemala...I was sick there most of the time too only to find out I was also pregnant! We sponsor a beautiful young woman from there, well, she was a little girl, but has grown up!

So now...as I prepare for Ethiopia to meet our awesome sons. Fear has crept in. Anxiety has hit the roof. I have prayed, confessed, prayed some more and tried tried tried to lay it at his feet and leave it all there. I know he is the creator of the Universe, I know that he has overcome the world. So why do I fret? I was so blessed by the book "Kisses from Katie" by Katie Davis...she is such an inspiration! I love her joy and zealous to be the hands and feet of Jesus with all fear aside. I don't compare, but I do aspire to be MORE like Jesus. I want to be his hands and feet.
So, if you are reading our blog. Please take sometime today to pray for Brett and I as we prepare to leave this Sunday. Pray for us as we leave our precious children here with their fantastic Grammy. Pray for us a peaceful travel. Pray that all the flu bugs going around stay away from us and my family. (Nothing worse than traveling when u r sick, or leaving your sick babies behind). Pray that we have a delightful time with our boys every chance we get to see them (should be twice a day for a couple hours each time). Pray for opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a real way. Thanks; Micah

0 comments: