BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Satan Attempts

"God is proud of us for fighting overwhelming human emotions to do his will. He isn't interested in our stellar performance, but in our hearts. He loves our willingness & obedience despite our insecurities." -unknown

Yesterday I had one of those days. One of those days I hope most adoptee moms have. Insecurities set in. Lots of "What ifs" creep into the imagination and take up too much brain energy. I found myself clinging to my husband wanting him to answer all those scary questions...I wanted him to have all the right comfortable answers.

My husband is solid. He did have the right answer. He reassured me that this is God's will. God brought us to this, he will bring us through it. He will give us the energy and the know how to do what needs to be done...when that day comes. He reminded me to live one day at a time and keep my focus on God...our rock. Not on the concerns of what may or may not happen six months from now, but TODAY.

I reached out to another adoptee mom, and she reassured me that she too has felt these emotions. Together we agreed that satan doesn't like what we are doing for the Lord. So he uses our emotions to discourage us. He creates fear, insecurities and what ifs.

Today...I am grounded again. I'm positive, focused and prayful about what God has in store for our family. I'm excited to be on this journey.

0 comments: