BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homestudy Homestudy how I will not miss you!

I don't mind paperwork...really. I kinda like to jump on it like flies on poop and devour it. lol...ok, well, u know what I mean. We are paperwork finished with our homestudy. We have done all we can do. We are waiting for our final piece of paper from the state to arrive at our caseworker's office and then she will do what she needs to do and then send it to the state to get a final signature and then its done. We no longer have to be licensed in Illinois since Ethiopia changed the way they do their adoptions. YES! This is good, b/c becoming licensed can take awhile...it was another step that we no longer have. Another blessing in disguise that we get for waiting the year we did. I can't say enough about our homestudy caseworker. I truly really like her. She came down for the final interview this past Saturday and she got such a great welcome from Eli. That little boy chatted her ear off. Basically he did most of the talking. He took her all over our house and showed her where everything was and each room. He asked her how old she was and her favorite color. It was soooo cute. I got so much enjoyment watching and hearing him interact with her and I really think she got blessed by him too. He even showed her some of his Karate moves! Since then our agency has asked why we hadn't included unrelated children in our homestudy. So our caseworker and I chatted about that today. We have changed things up a bit. Intially our homestudy was approved for "up to two children 0-3 yrs old, open to twins" Now it reads that, plus open to two children unrelated 0-3, but must be at least 12 months apart. Brett and I talked it over and we are happy with this. For us...these are children who need a loving forever family. Anyways....I'm excited. I feel like things are moving, but slow and I'm ok with that. E and Z are only 2 and 4, so if its another year before we get our African children, so be it...God's timing is perfect.

0 comments: