BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lots to write about....

I'm kickin back and having a relaxing Sunday morning...decided to hit the 11am service, just so its not a rushed morning. Brett went for a run this morning...as I was laying in bed it started to down pour...poor guy (although he loves to run in the rain)....I still felt sorry for him. He came home looking like a drowned rat.
Both babies climbed into bed with me about 6am. To have four feet and two bodies kicking and squirming isn't really comfy...but I must admit...I LOVE IT! I truly do...there is something about my babies coming to cuddle with me that makes me feel all mushy inside. It reminds me of baby chicks hiding under their mommy's wing. I think they knew Daddy was gone...so access into the bed was easy!
We had our garage sale fundraiser yesterday...but let me back up a bit. We have had a set back and are currently in the process of just taking a deep breather and waiting for God's direction on which agency to run with. We definitely still feel called to adopt. You see...our intial plan was not to start the process til Jan 2011, just so we could finish getting completely out of debt and start our room addition. But if you know me...I'm a bit compassionate and zealous for the orphans and have a very hard time setting still and waiting!!! Which in all honestly is probably contributed to the tension & struggles we have faced. Brett & I do have a peace about taking a step back and researching agencies and listening to people who have been through the process. It truly is...long and complicated!
The garage sale was another moment...where I can say...God wrapped his arms around Brett & I and truly BLESSED our efforts. I was amazed & so grateful for the people the Lord provided to make it a success. All of the shoppers that came where so interested and happy to hear about our adoption. And most seemed to understand how difficult it can be & how long it takes! Thank you shoppers!!! To my set up team on Friday...my Mom, my Dad, my sister Felicia, my Pap, Sarah Upton and to my Grandma Peggy for staying at our home and keeping an ear out for our sleeping babies. To all the donations...I truly lost track of who all donated...but let me try...my mom, my sister Tabitha, Shari & Sarah Upton, Crystal Watkins, Jessica Lutrell, Glee Helms...oh I know I'm forgetting someone! So sorry. To the crew who helped me the day of the sale...my mom, my Grandma Peggy, my hubby...who kept our kids and Keri Clapp...who kept our kids for three hours so Brett could come sit with me! To Jana Messer...who encouraged so many to buy raffle tickets for our Mothers Day Basket! To my clean up crew...my hubby, my mom and Bogey! Thank you alllllll! We each were a blessing to me and Brett.

0 comments: